Monday, April 27, 2009

Wedding Tip #18 - ME & MA coastal locations

I was talking to my friend Dee today about her 2010 wedding. While I was giving her some ideas for beach wedding locations I thought I'd also share that info as today's post! These are all locations I (or one of my other studio shooters) have photographed. If you have questions about them let me know. I'd be happy to share my experience, and connect you with my past clients who had weddings there. (If they don't mind) You can see links to the full weddings on pictage.com. If you do not want to create a pictage account to view the photos you can use:
login: guest@guest.com
password: guest

IMG_7007.jpg

IMG_6993.jpg

Their Site: Peaks Island Inn (above)
My photos: Http://www.pictage.com/245299
Peaks Island is one of the Harbor Islands in Casco Bay. It is just a quick ferry or water taxi ride from Portland, ME to get there. Peaks is the closest island to Portland and a quick ferry ride!

DSC_0268.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

Their Site: Herritage Museum and Gardens (above)
My photos: Http://www.pictage.com/335925
The heritage museum has a beautiful windmill and gardens for outdoor weddings. Looking for an indoor location? They also have an auto museum with antique cars and room in the middle for tables & dancing.

311AbbieMike.JPG

178AbbieMike.JPG

Their Site: Bar Harbor Regency (above)
My photos: Http://www.pictage.com/242810
Bar Harbor, ME. It's way up north... 4 hours from Boston but SO beautiful. You can't beat Maine in the summer. It's got to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. Hmmmm... can't wait for summer!

Album16.jpg

Album13.jpg

Their Site: York Harbor Inn (above)
My photos: Http://www.pictage.com/191714
1 hour 15 min from Boston just north of Portsmouth, NH. If you're looking for a location for an indoor reception with outdoor space for photos this is perfect! The park shown is just across the street and the lighthouse is s short drive. If the weather isn't perfect your guests are still comfortable indoors!



408_CammyJeff.jpg

Private residences are a GREAT way to save some money because you can bring your own caterer and bartender. Search the web under "vacation rentals" just be sure to ask the owners if they are OK with renting it for wedding! Above & below are photos from a wedding at a private residence on Martha's Vineyard:
Http://www.pictage.com/309896

967_CammyJeff.jpg

No comments: