Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What happens when an art nerd shoots a wedding...

Nelly & Jim made one of the cutest couples! They're very unique and it showed through all of the choices they made for their wedding... down to the peacock feathers! They were one of those great couples who let me take a ton of great shots - just the two of them. And, as I came up the stairs I said to my assistant Lynn, (also an art nerd) "Do you see that mirror? It looks like..." She jumps in with " that Van Eyck painting?" Same thought. Now there's a great assistant! Lucky for me Nelly & Jim were happy to play along. What do you think of my art-inspired shot?

_DSC6277-logo.jpg

To make it easy for you here's the painting Lynn & I were thinking about...



















Do you want to see more of Nelly & Jim? See a preview of their wedding portraits on Facebook.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

cute! My mom (also an art nerd) has had the print of that painting up in the house for as long as I can remember :)