• I got to know, and love, yoga
• Read (or listened to on CD) at least 2 books a month
• Was a bridesmaid...twice
• Took a LOT of pictures and balanced work & art projects
• Supported by husband through his first year of graduate school (Emotionally - we both have to work)
• Ran a half marathon & gained weight doing it! Yes, I got HEAVIER not skinnier, and through it learned to accept the parts of my body that I cannot change!
• Traveled to California with my husband
• Planned time with friends and cooked them dinners
• Wrote 45 blog posts here and even more for foodie blogs for work (see them here)
• Started buying more organic and local foods
• Used more cloth napkins & less paper napkins, plates & plastic forks. Recycled. Even at work.
• Flossed, almost every day
• Learned more about wine and how to buy and appreciate it
• Reduced my debt: paid down mortgage, student loans & credit cards
• Felt almost constantly busy & most often exhausted!
I am going to let myself off the hook. I am going to resolve to not create a laundry list of resolutions. Instead of always thinking that I 'should' be doing more I'm going to work on being content and happy as I am.
"I should be more outgoing. I should meditate more. I should cook more. I should clean more often. I should make more money. I should dress better. I should be a better wife, friend, mother, daughter….and the list goes on. Next time you find yourself thinking, “I really should…,” stop and give yourself a pat on the back for being exactly who you are. Ask yourself instead, "What do I really want?" You deserve it." -Kristen Mucci-Mosier