Sunday, July 25, 2010

Quahog is a type of clam...not just a fictional town in Rhode Island




























(Quahogs stuffed with onions, breadcrumbs, olive oil, celery & fresh parsley )

Anthony & I were lucky enough to be invited to stay with our friend Lauren on Cape Cod in Falmouth, MA. We had all the ingredients for a great weekend: friends, fun, & really good food! You know you're a food lover when you take more photos of your eats than anything else!

I had plenty of happy-toe-time at the beach (below) but luckily Lauren's Dad was out there Quahogging and he's a man that likes to share!























When I wasn't beaching it I ran a new personal best of 6 miles. I'm training for a 1/2 marathon...but I really run so I can eat more food! Like this Pasta with Quahog sauce.


















More of this meal entailed:
Sauteed Vegetables

Grilled Swordfish (with soy sauce, garlic, olive oil & fresh parsley. Gas grilled outdoors on foil.)

Anthony & I brought this Cavit Pinot Noir, a lighter red wine, as a hostess gift. (We also gave them some Stonewall Kitchen Pancake Mix, Jams & Syrups) We usually prefer a heavy red like a big cabernet - but this is great for summer & it doesn't break the bank.

And...how did we spend our Saturday evening? Listening to live music at Liam Maguire's. We were happy find that Danny Quinn was so entertaining. He sang a mix of old Irish songs and bar sing-along-songs like 'Piano Man' and 'American Pie.' I was drinking Wachusett Blueberry beer- a delicious summertime favorite of mine.

(Above: Me & Anthony) (Below: Lauren & her boyfriend Ryan)
It was such a great weekend, I can't believe that now it's almost Monday. I need to take more long weekends on the cape!

No comments: